Sunday, October 2, 2011

I DID IT!!



Well, I did it!!  I ran my first half marathon!!  I can't believe I did it and within the time I wanted to!  My overall goal was just to complete the distance but I also had the goal of 2:30:00.  I did it in 2:25:41!  
 I know the clock says 2:29:04 but that didn't take into account the delays for a potty stop and to exchange my water bottles.  I had a timer on my arm and I paused it for the "stops" so the time on that one read 2:25:41!!
With my medal!!

It didn't go quite the way I wanted it to--I walked more than I had hoped.  I am not quite sure what happened that I ended up walking but I walked most of mile 10 and part of mile 13.  I still feel really good about how I did.  I wasn't very sore the next day or the day after either!  I did my training program.  I had a plan on how I was going to run the race and I worked my plan (for the most part).

Like I mentioned before, people told me I would want to do another one.  Mostly, I want to do another one to prove to myself that I can run the whole distance and not walk any more than needed to rehydrate and refuel.  So I guess that means I will do another one next year!!

I had an interesting thought as I was running this half marathon.  I was kind of wishing I could go back and do high school, knowing that I could run.  I spent my whole high school career thinking I was NOT an athlete of any kind.  Maybe it would have been fun to be on the cross country team.  Oh well, that would be the only thing I would want to try in high school--otherwise I would not want to redo any part of high school!

I am kind of excited about doing another one next year!  I haven't decided if I will do this one again or pick another one.  Time will tell!!

No comments:

Post a Comment