Monday, January 9, 2012

Progress not perfection!

I have been struggling with my weight for the last year.  I had been doing really well at maintaining it right where I wanted it to be.  Last year right before Christmas, a lot of stuff happened in my personal life that led me right back to old habits.  I found myself eating for all the wrong reasons; comfort, entertainment, stress relief--you name it.  I also found it easy to convince myself I didn't need to exercise.  I would exercise but not at the regularity or intensity that I had been.  This would affect my mood which would increase my eating.  It kind of just went around and around in a bad cycle.  I spent this last month working really hard to get back to the good eating habits I know I need to follow and have recommitted to the kind of exercise I know I need.  It is starting to pay off.  The stresses in my personal life have not really gone away but I am dealing with them in a much healthier way.  Exercise has been the biggest key!  By regularly exercising I find myself being able to make healthier choices in my eating.  Even after 6 years of somewhat maintaing my weight loss I still struggle with falling back on old habits.  Weight loss can be more of a mental game than just watching what you eat.  The hard part can be coming to terms that I will almost always have to work at this on some level--it will probably never become VERY easy!  As long as I make progress it is all good!

On another note, I mentioned in my last post that I might do another half marathon in 2012.  I am considering one in March!!!  I haven't decided to do it for sure but I am going to start the training program and see where it goes.  It is kind of hard to know if I should run it or not since I live where the weather can hamper my ability to get outside and run.  I will keep you posted as to whether I run it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment